Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Wednesday, June 7, 2006

Today I found $1.07 . . . 2 nickels, 4 dimes, 1 quarter, and 32 pennies (the revered change cycle). I also found a Canadian quarter, which sadly will not count toward the daily totals.

It was afternoon baseball in Houston today and thanks to my work schedule I was able to attend. The Astros, who were one hit the night before, managed five hits today, one of which was a homerun by Catcher Brad Ausmus. It was enough for the win as 28-year old Chris Sheldon earned his first Major League win, shutting out the Cubs 1-0.

After the game I went to a local high school track to work out and I found five cents (all pennies) in the parking lot and in some grass. I found another five cents (one nickel) in the change return slot of a stamp machine at the post office, where I dropped off some eBay items that needed to be sent out.

On the way home I stopped at Randalls, a local grocery store, to get a drink and I made my big find of the day, 97 cents (one nickel, four dimes, one quarter, and 27 pennies). All the change was in the change return slot of a coin counting machine.

It was in the aforementioned coin return slot of the change counting machine that I found the Canadian quarter. Although said quarter will have no outcome on the totals for the day it has already been deposited into my “Not Change Cup,” holder of assorted items of the non-US change type.

Following up a strong autograph performance from yesterday I managed to get two great autographs this afternoon. The first was Mike Coats, a former astronaut and current director of NASA and the second was Hall of Famer Ryan Sandberg. Mr. Sandberg was in the crowd to watch the game and as he left he graciously signed a baseball for me.

Totals for the day: $1.07
Race Totals: $318.34

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home