Saturday, October 07, 2006

Saturday, October 7, 2006

Today I found 20 cents . . . . . .1 nickel, 1 dime, and 5 pennies.

On my way to a farmer’s market this morning I stopped at a McDonalds, that was attached to a Chevron gas station, for a drink and some quick breakfast. As I was ordering my food at McDonalds I heard the familiar sound of change dropping. The gentleman who dropped his change ended up trying to pay for his entire meal with change and he didn’t have enough. I pointed out the change that he had dropped, to which he replied, “Man, I’m not poor. I’m not picking up change.” He then walked away without his change and without his food. I walked away with the 11 cents (one dime & one penny).

At the Chevron I went to purchase a drink and I found three cents by the base of the cash register. Walking out I found another penny on the ground by the front door. My final find of the day was a nickel that I found on the ground by the soda machine at our apartment complex pool.

Totals for the day: 20 cents
Race Totals: $439.79

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home