Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Today I found 53 cents . . . . . . 4 nickels, 1 quarter, and 8 pennies.

I didn’t have to work today and neither did my neighbor Robert. In the afternoon we headed out to a Mexican Restaurant in Tomball for lunch. It was pouring rain and I figured that it wasn’t going to be a good day for outdoor change finds. After lunch I went to Kroger, a local grocery store (which was right next to the Mexican restaurant). I checked a change counting machine and found nothing. However, when I stuck my hand under the machine, in search of some fallen coins, I found 52 cents (four nickels, one quarter, and seven pennies). A little boy who was shopping with his mother saw the find and remarked, “Look, Mommy, he found change.”

In the evening I went to the local convenience store to pick up a drink and I found a penny on the floor. As I predicted, it was not a good day for outdoor change finds, but luckily indoor finds were in abundance.

Totals for the day: 53 cents
Race Totals: $441.86

2 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need to look under those machines... Thanks for the tip.

Hey, I check in with yoour blog quite frequently even though I don't post much... Keep up the good work.
Andy from Simi Valley, CA
Found Money Jay

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Thanks, Andy. I have mixed luck with the machines, but every once in a while they pay off quite well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home