Friday, December 08, 2006

Friday, December 8, 2006

Today I found 40 cents . . .. 1 nickel, 1 quarter, and 10 pennies. I also found a 1962 British Two-Shilling coin. Sadly, the British coin will not count toward the daily totals.

Driving down FM 1960 this afternoon I was stopped at a red light and spotted a quarter next to my car. The light had just turned red but I wasn’t sure if I was going to be able to retrieve the quarter because it was stuck in some tar. With pocketknife in hand I went for the quarter and pried it loose, complete with some tar:


On the way home I stopped at the always-reliable Al Gator’s Car Wash and found 15 cents (one nickel & 10 pennies).

It was also at Al Gator’s where I found the 1962 British Two-Shilling Coin. The Two-Shilling coin is a coin that is no longer produced. It's worth about 1/10th of a pound, or about 19.5 cents. Although the British Two-Shilling coin has no outcome on the daily totals it has already been deposited into my “Not Change Cup,” keeper of such items.

Totals for the day: 40 cents
Race Totals: $462.77

2 Comments:

At 12:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grabbing the quarter stuck in tar while at a red light - super impressive. Good thing you were prepared with your pocketknife.

 
At 1:12 AM, Blogger Chris said...

I was a Boy Scout, so it only makes sense.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home