Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Today I found 2 Hungarian Forint. Although the foreign currency is change for the purposes of this race it will sadly not count toward the daily totals. Change was found in Hungary.

My train left Budapest last night and arrived in Hungary late this morning. Along the way I passed through Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, and Hungary (and did passport checks at each point).

Once in Hungary I met up with my cousin and his wife, who are both currenly residing in Budapest and were kind enough to let me stay with them for a few nights. We immediately set out to see some sights including this old church:


And the Parliamennt buliding (which was faily fortified because of political riots that happened last month):



The Forints that I found happened later in the day. The first was on the ground at a Christmas Market and the second was on a sidewalk nearby. Since the Forint trades at about 200 to 1 vs. the US Dollar my two Forints would equal about one US Penny if I was doing such conversions.

Totals for the day: 2 Foreign Coins
Race Totals: $461.04

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home