Sunday, November 26, 2006

Sunday, November 26. 2006

Today I found 1 cent US. I also found 87 cents Euro (2 five-cent Euros, 3 ten-cent Euros, 2 twenty-cent Euros, and 7 one-cent Euros. Additionally, I found 22 Pence from Great Britian (1 two-pence piece and 1 twenty pence piece. Although the foreign currency is change for the purposes of this race it sadly will not count towards the daily totals. Change was found in Ireland.

It was my last day in Irleand. My friend Becca and I got dropped off at the airport in the early afternoon. Her flight (back to the US) was several hours earlier than mine so I entertained myself by walking the airport and finding change. All the change was found at the airport in Shannon, Ireland.

As I picked up a single Euro penny an Irishman saw me and remarked that I would have good luck if I placed it in my upper shirt pocket. I asked him if that was their custom and he said that it was. Even though I didn't have an upper shirt pocket he assured me that if I just kept the penny I would still have good luck.

As I passed through security for my flight (to Venice, Italy) I found a single US Penny on the floor by a table. It's good to know that security checkpoints around the world are good places to find change!

Totals for the day: 1 cent (and 16 Foreign Coins)
Race Totals: $461.04

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home