Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Today I found 1 cent . . . . I also found $1.15 Euro (3 one-cent Euros, 1 two-cent Euro, 1 ten-cent Euro, and one $1 Euro). Change was found in Ireland.

It was about 8am when my plane landed at Shannon Airport in Southern Ireland. The flight over wasn’t too bad, about eight hours. At the airport my friend Becca and I quickly cleared Customs and proceeded to retrieve our bags. It was at the bag return that I made my first ever European Change Find, a Euro penny under a Coke machine. Walking around the airport I also found another two Euro pennies and a single Euro dime.

The most unique find of the day was a single US penny. Of course it will count toward the daily totals. The penny was found at the base of an ATM machine at the airport. It’s nice to know that even on foreign soil Americans are careless with their change.

Walking around Limerick, Ireland (yes, the town was really called Limerick) I found a single two-cent Euro and a single $1 Euro. The $1 Euro would turn out to be my most lucrative find for the entire trip.

Totals for the day: 1 cent (and six foreign coins)
Race Totals: $461.03

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home