Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Today I found $1.41 . . . 4 dimes, 1 Eisenhower Silver Dollar coin, and 1 penny.

The first penny of the day was found by a parking meter on the way to work this morning. When I got to North Station I found a dime at the base of a T ticket machine. In a hallway connecting the North Station commuter rail building to the North Station T stop I found 20 cents (two dimes). I spotted the first one and when I went to retrieve it I found another dime directly in front of the first.

In the afternoon I headed to a local deli for lunch and found my fourth dime of the day; this one by the front counter where customers paid for their sandwiches. However, the best find of the day was the bicentennial Eisenhower silver dollar (the first such coin I have ever found). It was under a coin counting machine at the Hanscom Federal Credit Union, which is located in the Tip O’Neill Federal Building in downtown Boston. I stopped there to dump my first two boxes of pennies from last night and happily walked out with the silver dollar.

Totals for the day: $1.41
Race Totals: $642.67

3 Comments:

At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is awesome that you found an Eisenhower silver dollar - way to go! Plus your first Boston dollar day!

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger kestrelia said...

Congratulations! What a great find.

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Thanks and thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home