Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Today I found 1 cent . . . a penny.

Walking to work this morning this morning I retrieved a penny from the sidewalk. It was frozen to the ground, but a quick pry and it was mine.

This afternoon I paid a visit to my new local bank and received my first shipment of coins, eight boxes of pennies and two boxes of nickels. There is no parking near the bank and I ended up having to take the coins home on a cart in a box (about five blocks). I’m going to have to come up with a new plan for that, because it strikes me as semi-dangerous and it was a pain in the butt.

Results of the first two-penny boxes were not that impressive. I found a total of 21 wheat pennies and a ton of Canadian pennies (one of which was from 1931, so that was kind of neat).

Totals for the day: 1 cent
Race Totals: $641.26

2 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Blogger kestrelia said...

Better luck next time I guess. My average per penny box up here is 17 Wheats and 23 Canadians. With nickels it has been one Buffalo every 3 boxes and one War Time per box.

Have you found a bank with plastic wrappers?

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Well, I'm off to a slow start I guess. Three boxes in I'm averaging 10 Wheats and 18 Canadians. I did search one nickel box this evening and found one War nickel and one Buffalo, so that's a good sign.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home