Monday, April 21, 2008

Monday, April 21, 2008

Today I found 40 cents. . . 1 dime, 1 quarter, and 5 pennies.

Patriot's Day in Boston, a statewide holiday, but I still had to work. On the way to the office I found a penny by a Dunkin Donuts stand at the Back Bay/South End T stop. During the day I took some pennies and nickels to a change counting machine in the building where I work and I found 28 cents (one quarter & three pennies) under the machine. On the way home I found 11 cents (one dime & one penny) by two different parking meters.

As promised I have some thoughts on the Newseum, the news museum that I visited in DC several Sundays ago. I actually liked my visit to the Newseum. It was the grand re-opening so it was free over the weekend, but I don't think I would have paid the $20 that they normally charge.

Some of the highlights included a radio tower that had been atop the World Trade Center, a 18 foot chunk of the Berlin Wall, a car driven by a reporter that had been bombed, and several movie theaters with various news highlights.

However, the best part of the museum as far as I was concerned was an exhibit that they had on Pulitzer Prize winning photos. I have always liked photography, and some of the pictures that they had were really amazing. Adding to that there were newspapers going back to the 1500's and it was a nice place to visit.

Totals for the day: 40 cents
Race Totals: $654.58

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home