Thursday, February 17, 2005

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Today I found $1.02. . . 22 pennies, 1 nickle, 5 dimes, and 1 quarter (hitting for the cycle?).

What a wonderful day it was. Below is a breakdown of my finds:

3 cents found at the car wash across the street from the apartments.

14 cents found at the Kwick Kar Wash (1 dime, 4 pennies). I felt obliged to stop there again as I saw a bank of vacuum cleaners that I had not seen yesterday.

12 cents at the Shell gas station that I cut through to avoid traffic on my way back from an appointment (1 dime, 2 pennies).

3 cents at three gas stations (2 on the ground, 1 on top of a payphone) that I looked at quickly on my way back from a haircut.

69 cents (1 quarter, 1 nickle, 3 dimes, 9 pennies) in a change counter at Randalls Supermarket (which is owned by Safeway and always had better quality items when it was independent) where I stopped to get money out of my ATM. There was also what appeared to be a Mexican dime in the change, but in good faith I can not count this towards my goal.

1 penny by my car tire as I exited Randalls.

This afternoon I had lunch at the building next door. I have always enjoyed walking over there for lunch as it is close by and their prices are reasonable. Sadly, I am now confronted with a dilemma regarding one of my favorite eateries.

Last week a co-worker went to the building purchase a pack of M&M’s from a vending machine. The machine ate her 65 cents. Attempting to secure a refund my co-worker discovered that the vending machine is owned by the same lady that operates the little lunch spot that I frequent. The lady agreed to refund my co-worker the 65 cents, but over a week later she has still not made good on this promise. I believe my co-worker is entitled to a refund and I am considering a one man boycott until the 65 cent issue is resolved. After all, someone must stand for justice!

Totals for the day: $1.02
Race Totals: $1.81

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home