Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Today I found $2.79. . . . 2 nickels, 6 dimes, 4 quarters, 1 $1 coin, and 9 pennies (the mother of all change cycles). I also found a token from the New Hampshire Public Works & Highways Administration. The token will sadly not count toward the daily totals.

The day started with a trip to Missouri City, TX. To get there I had to take the Sam Houston Tollway and the Fort Bend County Tollway. As I had an ample amount of quarters I was able to avoid the lines and go to the direct change lane. At each stop I quickly put the car in park and checked the ground around the change acceptor. My total for the toll roads was $2.51 (one gold dollar, four quarters, four dimes, one nickel, and six pennies).

On my way home I stopped at the Home Plate Bar & Grill for a late lunch and as I was leaving I found a penny on the ground by a gum ball machine. Stopped at a red light at the intersection of FM 1960 I spotted and retrieved a nickel from a crack in the road. Later in the evening I also spotted and retrieved a dime from another crack in the road along Cypresswood Dr.

Close to home I collected my final change of the day, 12 cents (one dime & two pennies) from the car wash next to my apartment complex. The token from the New Hampshire Public Works & Highway Administration was found on the Sam Houston Tollway. Perhaps someone from New Hampshire thought it would get the gate to open. I doubt it, but sadly he or she never found out since it was on the ground, not in the change receptor.

Totals for the day: $2.79
Race Totals: $198.73

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home