Monday, November 07, 2005

Monday, November 7, 2005

Today I found 29 cents. . . 2 dimes and 9 pennies. I also found a British penny, which sadly will not count toward the daily totals.

I didn’t have to work today, and I spent the morning doing some house hunting. I am considering purchasing a house, something I have never done before. The good news is that houses in the Houston area are cheap. The bad news is that doing the home search thing is a pain in the butt. I digress.

On my way home from checking out some houses I stopped at Kroger, a local grocery store, to purchase a sandwich and a drink for lunch. On top of a coin counting machine I found a penny. I also found the British penny there, which although it does not count toward the totals will make a smashing edition to my “Not Change Cup.” One of the car wash pennies was a 1953 Wheat penny, which will go nicely with the other Wheat pennies that I have found during the change race.

In the evening I joined my friend John for dinner. On the way home I stopped at two car washes and found a total of 18 cents (one dime & eight pennies). All change was scattered about on the ground. Later in the evening I took a trip to the local Chevron gas station to get a drink and found 10 cents (one dime) by the door as I exited.

Totals for the day: 29 cents
Race Totals: $193.05

2 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the house hunt! We’re working on it as well.

I’m jealous of your housing market. A co-worker of mine has a friend in Houston who just bought a brand-new enormous five-bedroom single family home for less than the cost of 2-bedroom condo here in good old NJ.

Password: gacbupgj

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Liza:

Yeah, the housing market in Houston would really make you sick if you took a closer look. There is one web site that lists all the homes for sale. It's www.har.com.

The homes do not appreciate all that well now, but a little money will buy you a lot, and a decent amount of money will buy you even more. Just for fun I was thinking about buying a house in Magnolia, TX, which is outside of Houston. It had seven bedrooms, sat on 2 acres of land, and was less than 20 years old. Asking price: $200,000. Not too bad.

Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home