Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Wednesday, November 2, 2005

Today I found 43 cents. . . 1 nickel, 3 dimes, and 8 pennies.

I spent the day in Angelton, TX again. While entering the building where I was working I found a dime in the parking lot. The woman who was my contact told me that several weeks ago she had found two quarters in the parking lot by the trash cans. I checked there, but found nothing.

At lunch I found another dime by the door of the Mexican restaurant where I dined. Leaving the restaurant I found two cents in the parking lot. At a nearby car wash I found nine cents (one nickel & four pennies). I also found a scratched off lottery ticket that was a winner but had been discarded (more on the lottery ticket later). Closer to home I found 12 cents (one dime & two pennies) in the car wash next to my apartment complex.

Tara joined me for dinner again this evening. We also made a trip to the post office, library, and to a gas station to cash my $2 found lottery ticket. Tara suggested that I purchase two more lottery tickets and try to win more money. I’m a bit more fiscally conservative, I suppose (re. cheap) and I declined. However, I did offer to lend her my $2 so she could buy herself two tickets. The deal was that she had to pay me back the $2, but she could keep any winnings. Any guesses as to what happened? She won exactly $2 and returned it to me. She decided against testing fate for a second time.

Finally, a very interesting piece of trivia that I heard on the radio this morning. In a recent survey men were asked for the first names of all the women they had ever slept with. After the results were tallied there was one name that more men reported as having as a sex partner than any other. Guesses? I got it right on the first guess. Answer tomorrow (Hint: A certain co-worker of mine was not amused with the answer).

Totals for the day: 43 cents
Race Totals: $190.07

2 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool trivia question.

Something tells me it's not Bertha.....

I'll guess Jennifer.

Password=EIKUIT

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Liza:

Right on the money! EIKUIT isn't one of the better passwords. I'll try to do better next time.

Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home