Saturday, October 29, 2005

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Today I found $1.83. . . 5 nickels, 5 dimes, 3 quarters, and 33pennies. I also found a broken neckless, which I picked up and repaired. Sadly, the broken neckless (that has since been repaired) does not count toward the daily totals.

Saturday. A day to sleep in. I woke up at 10am, and still managed to find time in the day for a three hour nap. As such, there was not a lot of early change finding. I met my boss (who I was giving some football tickets to) in the parking lot of Pet Smart this afternoon, and there I found a penny. I sat at one cent for the entire day until after dinner. I dined with my friend Kate, who is short. After dinner Kate enthusiastically agreed to change search with me (that was nice of her).

It was already 11pm, so there wasn’t a lot of time. We made some quick stops and ended up with a ton of change. Although specific amounts of change at specific locations are tough to remember right now I can say that stops were made at: Chic Fil-A, Mr. Car Wash, a KFC drive-thru, Ale Gator’s Car Wash, an Exxon gas station car wash, and a no name car wash (where I remember that I found a quarter in the change return slot of a soda machine).

We also stopped at Laser Car Wash, where Kate and I discovered a wooden beaded neckless (that was broken) laying on the ground. It was sharp looking, so we picked up all the beads and took it home. At home I fixed it using fishing string and some neckless clasps. Kate is now wearing the neckless and when asked for a comment regarding the neckless she responded, “awesome.” Thus, Kate gets to keep the neckless and it will not be deposited into the “Not Change Cup.”

In sad change related news today I was swindled out of 26 cents at the post office. Here is the scenario: I put $1 (a bill) into a stamp machine. I only wanted one 37 cent stamp, but the machine told me that it was out of change. I ended up purchasing two stamps (for 74 cents) but my remaining 26 cents was gone. The machine told me that I could receive a refund from the Post Office front desk (which was obviously closed at this time of night). Rest assured, I will be there Monday seeking restitution.

Totals for the day: $1.83
Race Totals: $188.84

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home