Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 (Relief)

Today I found 16 cents. . . 1 dime and 6 pennies. I also witnessed the last game in Bush Stadium in St. Louis and saw the Astros clench their first ever National League Pennant.

At 9:40pm on Tuesday evening I got into my car and began the 13 hour drive to St. Louis. Along the way I drove through three states (Texas, Oklahoma, and Missouri) and recorded finds in each. As the drive was long and there was some excitement at the end of the day I must admit that I can’t recall the exact denominations and locations of each find.

The truly big news of the day was the Astros 5-1 win over the St. Louis Cardinals. I was at games 6 & 7 last year and witnessed the Astros loss and I felt the pain. This year was different. This year I witnessed the win and the St. Louis suffering. I can’t say enough great things about Bush Stadium and the city of St. Louis. As the Astros recorded the last out of the game the fans stood and applauded the Houston Astros as they celebrated. They then stood, tears in eyes, and watched a video presentation on the history of Bush Stadium. Hours after the game fans still stood in the stadium, crying and cheering for their team. At least 50 people came over to me and offered congratulations and well wishes for the World Series. It meant a lot and I was grateful.

Totals for the day: 16 cents
Race Totals: $183.91

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home