Sunday, October 16, 2005

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Today I found $1.39. . .6 dimes, 2 quarters & 29 pennies.

I did some more change searching early this morning, and again I made some large finds. I found two cents at both a KFC drive-thru and a Wendy’s drive-thru, for a total of four cents. At a car wash near my post office I found 42 cents (one dime, one quarter, and seven pennies) and at Ale Gator’s Car Wash I found a whopping 81 cents (five dimes, one quarter, and seven pennies). All the change at each was scattered about, and I’m not sure if I have ever found so many dimes in one place as I did today.

On the way to the ballpark I stopped at the car wash on Interstate 45 (the place where Bailey made the discovery of the open car supply machines yesterday) and found six cents (all pennies). A bit further down the road I found two cents at a Sonic. One of the pennies was actually embedded in some cement and I had to remove it with a hammer and a screw driver. The final finds of the day were in the proximity of Minute Maid Ballpark. I found three pennies while walking around the ballpark before the game.

The good news of the day comes from the Astros winning again and going up three games to one against the St. Louis Cardinals. The bad news is that not a single person (out of 60) who entered the drawing for World Series tickets for Bailey and I won the right to purchase tickets. I’m happy for the Astros win today, but me not being at a World Series (after having missed a total of seven games in three years) is unacceptable. I find it hard to get excited when my prospects are to pay out the butt for a ticket from a scalper or watch the game on TV. I should be happy right now, but I’m not. Nothing more to say.

Totals for the day: $1.39
Race Totals: $183.25

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home