Saturday, October 08, 2005

Saturday, October 8, 2005

Today I found 40 cents. . . 1 dime & 30 pennies. I also found a yellow marble, which does not count toward the daily totals.

Walking around the ballpark before the game this afternoon I found a penny by the base of a tree. On my way home from the game I stopped at Sonic and found eight cents (all pennies) and the Kwick Kar Wash, which was right next door, where I found 31 cents (one dime & 21 pennies). Just out of curiosity I checked the dates of all the pennies, and found that my oldest was from 1967 and the newest was from 2005. It was at the Kwick Kar Wash that I found the yellow marble, which was near a trash can. The yellow marble shall be deposited into my “Not Change Cup,” keeper of things found that are not change.

The Astros won Game 3 of the NLDS, taking a 2-1 lead over the Atlanta Braves. A win tomorrow will send them to the NLCS, for the second year in a row. The offense exploded again this evening, albeit against the Braves bullpen. I’m convinced that Bailey, Marti, Brian, Liza, and myself could do a decent job hitting the Braves bullpen.

On the autograph front I added considerably to the Braves ball that I had started earlier in the season. Notable autographs include Jeff Francoure, Marcus Giles, Andrew Jones, and Brian Jordan. I also got pitching coach Leo Mazelli (who rocks back and forth during the games) on a ball. He wrote “14 Straight!” below his signature, referring to the division titles that the Braves have won.

My best autograph, at least as far as I am concerned, was Braves GM John Schuerholz. John and I went to the same university, which was not a huge one, so he seemed excited to run into an alum. He was actually standing next to Tim Kurkjian, of ESPN, and pointed me out and told him about the kinship that we shared (or something like that). I don’t think Tim was as impressed as he should have been.

Totals for the day: 40 cents
Race Totals: $176.25

3 Comments:

At 2:30 AM, Blogger Bailey said...

Congrats on getting Schuerholz. I have a Cici's coupon that you could give him next time if you want.

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on your win today...
... wow, that was essentially a five-game series.

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Bailey:

After todays game I don't think Schuerholtz will have the stomach for Cici's for a long time.

Brian:

Ugggg. I sat through every pitch. I know Erni Banks once said, "let's play two," but if you ever had to sit through it (despite the excitement) I bet you would disagree. A walk off HR in the 10th would have been enough excitement for me, thanks.

Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home