Thursday, October 06, 2005

Thursday, October 6, 2005

Today I found 37 cents. . . 1 dime, 1 quarter, & 2 pennies. All finds were natural.

On my way to the post office this evening I was stopped at a red light and I spotted and retrieved a penny from the road. At the post office things got even better. Not only was the line short and I was able to mail a poster tube (which can’t be mailed on the automated postal machine because it was over 17 inches) but I found 25 cents (one quarter) in the coin return slot of a stamp machine.

My next stop was HEB, a local grocery store, to purchase a few provisions for an Astros watching party. In the coin deposit slot of a change sorting machine I found 10 cents (one dime) and on the ground by a cash register I found a penny.

Well, there are two outs in the 7th inning of the Astros v. Braves game right now. The Astros are behind 5-1. John Smoltz held up his end of the bargain for the great pitchers match up. Roger Clemens struggled and the Astros bats fell silent. Pending a great comeback it looks like things will be knotted up when the series comes to Houston on Saturday.

Totals for the day: 37 cents
Race Totals: $175.63

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home