Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Today I found 24 cents. . . all pennies.

On my way to work this morning I was stopped at a traffic light and I spotted a penny in the road. The early morning penny is always a nice way to start the day. Figuring it was a sign of good things to come I stopped at the Kwick Kar Wash and found 14 cents (again, all pennies).

On my way to meet my friend Susan for dinner this evening I was at yet another red light (on the same road as in the morning) and I found another two pennies. The light turned green just as I had retrieved the coins and was getting back into my car. After dinner I went to the post office and found a penny on the ground between the automated postal machine and a trash can. On my way home I checked another two car washes and found a total of six cents (you guessed it, all pennies).

Just as a point of interest I must say that I never had any idea how expensive clothes are. Susan decided that I needed some new shirts and pants so she helped me pick out a few things today. After making the purchase I wish she had decided to pay. You know, I don’t want to talk about it anymore.

Totals for the day: 24 cents
Race Totals: $171.24

10 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, Blogger Bailey said...

How much??

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Seriously, way too much. I'll give you one guess and i'll let you know if you are over or under. Just so you know I got three dress shirts, two paris of jeans, three pull over shirts/sweater type things, and one t-shirt. Grand total?

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

What store?

 
At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can tell you... $270 BUCKS!!!!!
it's all worth it! Chris is a hottie tottie now!!!!!

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Brian:

Stein Mart.

SG:

Boy, way to ruin the fun for everyone, and even that number is low! It was a tad more. Grrrrrrrr. Besides, I was always a hottie, right?

 
At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay $275....

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Chris said...

There you go. But I was a hottie before, right?

 
At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like I said, you are a hottie NOW Chrissy ;)

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I don't think that's too bad for that many items. Had the surprise not been spoiled, my numbers crunching would have taken me right around that area.

Think about it this way: If you close out the year with the same acumen you've shown thus far in your change quest, then your purchase will be paid in full!

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Brian:

Thanks for helping me see the bright side of things. Providing I don't hang myself with one of my new shirts 1) because of the cost or 2) because the Astros are such a horrible team to watch right now, I will do my best to stay positive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home