Thursday, September 22, 2005

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Today I found 93 cents. . . 1 nickel, 3 quarters, & 13 pennies.

Thanks to the oncoming hurricane I have a four day weekend and I’m excited. What I’m not excited about is the traffic that Houston is facing right now. This morning my neighbor Robert went to the grocery store. It’s less than a mile away, but it’s north of here and it took him 45 minutes. So much fun. Lucky for me when I went driving today I took back roads and had no problems.

This morning I went to HEB, a local grocery store, and found a penny while waiting in line to go into the store. That’s right, I had to wait in line because the store had so few employees show up that they were only letting in one person at a time (luckily they had beer and chips, so I was able to complete my shopping with no additional problems). On my way home I went over to Klein High School and searched the parking lot for some change. I found two cents in the parking lot and 50 cents (two quarters) under a bleacher at the soccer field.

In the afternoon I went out to try to find a restaurant that was open. I figured that I shouldn’t use the food I have in the house until I really need to. Good logic, bad results. Nothing was open. However, I did find four cents at the drive-thru of a KFC, six cents (all pennies) at the drive-thru of a McDonalds, and 25 cents (one quarter) at the drive-thru of a Boston Market. My final find of the day was five cents (one nickel) in the coin return slot of a water machine at Randalls, a local grocery store where I finally went to go get lunch.

Totals for the day: 93 cents
Race Totals: $169.24

2 Comments:

At 5:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay safe! We'll be thinking of you ... and the fact that you have to go to a grocery store called H.E. Butt.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Liza:

Thanks for the kind thoughts. Hopefully Bailey and I can be out and change searching tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home