Saturday, September 17, 2005

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Today I found 33 cents. . . 3 nickels, 1 dime, & 8 pennies. I also found a token with “No Cash Value,” which obviously won’t count toward the daily totals.

Today was needlessly complicated and that never makes me happy. I had lots to do and got very little done and I wasn’t sure what kind of change I was going to find. On my way home from the Astros game I found two cents at the Kwick Kar Wash. Both pennies were by a vacuum cleaner. My only other stop of the evening was at the Hallmark Car Wash, where I found 31 cents (three nickels, one dime, & six pennies). I hardly ever stop at this car wash, but I might have to start frequenting it more. All of the change was scattered about. Two of the nickels and a dime were together, directly next to a pile of M&M’s that was covered with ants.

The token with “No Cash Value” (as is stated on the back of the token) has an eagle on the front. I can’t tell from looking at it where it was issued or what it was intended for. It was found at the Kwick Kar Wash, and has been deposited into my “Not Change Cup,” keeper of these types of things.

Astros win. Phillies roll. This is an exciting time for baseball.

Totals for the day: 33 cents
Race Totals: $165.34

3 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I don't need excitement. I need the Astros to start losing.

But let me pose this question to you. One game playoff. Phillies vs. Astros. Who pitches for you?

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Give them time. They won't dissapoint. In a one game playoff (which would be held in Philadelphia, as was decided by a scinetific coin flip) it would be Brandon Backe's turn to pitch. Unless they change up the lineup because of an off day on Sept. 26th it would seem unlikely that we could pitch Oswalt or Pettitte. However, Clemens could be available on short rest.

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ok, well, ideal world, who do you pitch?

But as far as the real world, what you say makes sense. If I were the Astros, I'd try to set it up for Oswalt or Pettitte. I don't think you'd want anyone going on short rest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home