Saturday, September 10, 2005

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Today I found 90 cents. . . 1 nickel, 2 dimes, 2 quarters & 15 pennies (the beloved change cycle).

After midnight this morning I took a trip to the post office to drop off some packages. After that I stopped at a nearby carwash and hit the jackpot, finding 61 cents (two quarters, one dime & one penny). The two quarters were on top of a vacuum cleaner and the dime and penny were on the ground. I also checked another carwash along the way home and found 22 cents (one nickel, one dime, and seven pennies). All the change was scattered about. Finally, on the way home I was stopped at a long stoplight and I spotted and retrieved a single penny from the roadway.

I continue to feel like garbage today (a rare summer cold, how ironic). There wasn’t much change searching during the day, but I did find six cents (all pennies) at a car wash next to my apartment.

I almost had an interesting change dilemma today, but it didn’t develop as I had anticipated. At Randalls, a local grocery store, I went to go purchase a 25 cent soda from a machine. After I put in my quarter and pushed the button I got my soda and a quarter was returned to me. I wasn’t sure if this would count as found change, but in the end it didn’t matter. I got greedy and decided to try it again. I put in the quarter and hit the button. I got another soda, but no returned quarter. Still, two sodas for 25 cents isn’t bad so I’m not complaining.

Totals for the day: 90 cents
Race Totals: $161.91

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home