Friday, September 09, 2005

Friday, September 9, 2005

Today I found 12 cents. . . all pennies.

I was not feeling very well today (I have been feeling sick for the past few days) so when I got back into Houston I made a quick stop at the Kwick Kar Wash and found 11 cents (all pennies) and at the car wash next to my apartment complex where I found a single penny. That was it for the finds for the day.

It was nice to see (or hear on the radio thanks to the wonderful satelite system we have) that the Astros beat the Phillies for the 12th consecutive time a few days ago. Billy Wagner, who has always scared me as a pitcher because he only has one pitch blew the game. I was lucky enough to hear the call of the Phillies announcers when Craig Biggio hit the game winning homerun in the 9th inning. The call went something like this:

Biggio steps back in, the count is 1-1 (crack of the bat and SILENCE--FOR A LONG TIME). I don't believe it. I just don't believe it. Craig Biggio. Three run homerun. All the runs are unearned. Who cares!

It was beautiful. I just don't understand why Brian doesn't like the Phillies announcers.

Totals for the day: 38 cents
Race Totals: $161.01

2 Comments:

At 7:59 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

They don't add any value to the broadcast. They don't paint a picture. They don't give the score frequently enough. They're silent for long stretches, even when they aren't left dumbstruck over a blast like Biggio's. They're homers.

For the record, I never wanted David Bell. I thought the Thome signing that winter was enough, and that adding Bell on top of that was just a Yankee-esque move.

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Well, have no fear. The Astros are back to their standard form against the Brewers. For some reason we have been the Brewers step kid over the past few years. I still don't think the Astros win the Wild Card.

Also, radio announcers not giving the score enough ALWAYS bugs me. I turned the game on last night and had to wait until they went to a commercial and came back to get the score. Unacceptable!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home