Friday, September 02, 2005

Friday, September 2, 2005

Today I found 19 cents. . . all pennies.

Despite the fact that today was supposed to be a day off for me I ended up having to work. I went to an appointment in Brenham, TX, home of Tara’s parents, and on the way back I stopped at a car wash to check for some change. I found two cents. I also stopped at Sonic for some lunch and found another eight cents (all pennies). My day was capped by finding nine cents (all pennies) at the reliable Kwick Kar Wash. I also found a woman there who asked me for a ride about five miles down the road. She told me she had missed her bus and had to walk. At first I told her no, but when I actually saw her walking down the road I decided to give her a lift. I am happy to report she did not try to mug or kill me.

On the Astros front the team managed to win their fourth game in a row, a come from behind win against the St. Louis Cardinals. The Astros tied the game in the 9th, 10th, and 13th innings, before winning in the bottom of the 13th on a walk-off single. No autographs were obtained today, but I did get a Nolan Ryan/Roger Clemens duel figurine that was being given away.

One of the Astros security people (and I use that term generously, since he is an idiot) tried to stop me from getting it because he though I had already gone through the line before. He made a big stink out of it, but I was permitted to keep my figurine. The sad thing is that it was in fact my first time through the line so I was miffed that I was being accused of something that I actually hadn’t done. Bailey was right there with me, but before I could even turn to have him explain my side he had vanished. Very solid move on his part actually. I would have done the same thing.

Totals for the day: 19 cents
Race Totals: $158.72

2 Comments:

At 7:39 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice win. Grrr.

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Hey, the Phillies keep winning. How, I'm not sure, but they do. I stand by my Phillies perdiction for the Wild Card.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home