Monday, August 29, 2005

Monday, August 29, 2005

Today I found 54 cents. . . 1 nickel, 2 dimes, 1 quarter, and 4 pennies (the titillating change cycle).

On my way to the office this morning I was at a red light and I spotted a beat up dime sitting on the painted white line of the road. As the light was red I was able to retrieve said dime and make it my first find of the day.

On my way to an afternoon appointment I had to take the dreaded toll road. I could list the millions of reasons why I think toll roads are a rip off. The main reason, of course, is that it doesn’t seem fair to have to pay for a road that was build with my tax dollars. Nevertheless, I took the road, and at the toll booth I quickly got out of my car and retrieved 40 cents (one nickel, one dime, & one quarter). I surely could have gotten more, but there was a line of cars behind me and as I could gauge from the honking they must have been upset to be on a toll road as well.

After an appointment in Brenham, TX I stopped at a Chevron for a drink and I found one penny by a pay phone. In the evening I met Tara for dinner at Sonic. As she told me a tale of finding 10 cents (one dime) on the playground I walked the Sonic parking lot and found four cents. Of course the dime found by Tara will not count toward the daily totals, but I figured I would pass along the information as a point of interest.

Totals for the day: 54 cents (all natural)
Race Totals: $137.49

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home