Friday, August 26, 2005

Friday, August 26, 2005

Today I found $1.40. . . 1 nickel, 3 dimes, 3 quarters, and 30 pennies (the peachy change cycle).

I finally got to get out of the office today, and I made the most of it, at least on the change finding front. This morning I drove to Brenham, TX, which is where my friend Tara’s parents live. I was there to work of course, not to see them. However, I did do some change searching on my way home. I stopped at a car wash in Brenham, and found 29 cents (one quarter & four pennies). One of the pennies was really a half penny, as it looked like someone had taken a bite out of it.

Continuing my drive home I stopped at two Sonics. At the first I found 19 cents (one nickel, one dime, & four pennies). At the second I found seven cents (all pennies). As with all Sonics the change was scattered about the parking lot. I also checked two automated car washes on the way home. At the first I found five cents (all pennies) and at the second I found 10 cents (one dime). My final stop on the way home was a Kroger in Tomball, TX where I found 26 cents (one quarter & one penny). The quarter was under a vending machine inside at the front of the store and the penny was sitting a top a change counting machine.

After I got home I had to go to the bank and to the post office. On my way to the post office I stopped at another car wash, my fourth car wash of the day, and found 17 cents (one dime & seven pennies). This particular car wash, near my post office, has never produced much in the past so this find made me very happy. My final find of my evening excursion was at the post office, where for the second day in a row I found 25 cents (one quarter) in the change return slot of a stamp machine.

The actual final find of the day was at the pool, where I joined my friend Robert for some late evening grilling. After lighting the grill I found two cents on the deck by the pool.

Totals for the day: $1.40
Race Totals: $136.56

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home