Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Today I found 25 cents. . . 2 dimes & 5 pennies. I also found a Mexican five peso piece. Sadly the Mexican coin will not count toward the daily totals.

At lunch today my co-worker Jennifer and I stopped at a car wash. Jennifer was actually just along for the ride and lunch, and she didn’t actually get out of the car, but she was there. Anyway, I found three cents at this particular car wash. I also smelled some good BBQ in the general area, but Jennifer was not in the mood for that so we went to a sandwich shop instead.

After lunch we went to Kroger, a local grocery store, to hunt for some more change. I found the five peso piece by a cash register, but no US currency. The five peso piece will be deposited into my “Not Change Cup.” The peso is of course change, but the “Not Change Cup” is designed for all non-US change as well as various other assorted things that I find while searching for American pennies, nickels, quarters, dimes, fifty cent pieces, and dollar coins.

Leaving Kroger I found 11 cents (one dime & one penny) on the sidewalk. After the baseball game I went to the post office to mail some things. There I found another 11 cents (one dime & one penny) under a stamp machine.

Nomar, Derrek, and Todd. Those were my big autographs for the day. The corresponding last names of these Cubs players are Garciapara, Lee, and Walker. All decided to sign down the third base line this evening. I had to run each time to get them, but get them I did. Todd signed my team ball, Derrek signed a single ball for me (I already had him on my team ball) and Nomar signed a baseball that I had gotten his wife, Mia Hamm (Olympic soccer player) to sign the day before. Sadly, Nomar did not sign under his wife’s name, so they are on different parts of the ball, which will make it tough to display. Such is life.

Totals for the day: 25 cents
Race Totals: $130.43

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home