Sunday, August 07, 2005

Sunday, August 7, 2005

Today I found $3.39. . . 1 nickel, 17 dimes, 4 quarters, and 64 pennies (the nifty change cycle). I also found a rubber bouncy ball, a token to The Woodlands Mall carousel, and 473 coupons to Chuck E. Cheese's. Sadly, the ball, token, and coupons do not count toward the daily totals.

On my way back home from the airport last night I stopped at the car wash next to my apartment. After gathering some Saturday change I looked at my cell phone clock and saw that it was after midnight. Returning to my car I found 25 cents (one quarter).

I was still on Phoenix time, which is two hours different than Houston. Because of this I couldn't sleep, so early in the morning I did a change run. I ended up finding so much change that I lost track of what I found where, but I can state that I looked in the following places: Starbucks, McDonalds (two locations), KFC, Boston Market, Wendy's, two more car washes, Taco Bell, Arby's, and a Sonic. I remember that my last find of the day was three cents in a washing machine in my apartment complex that I found while doing a few afternoon loads of whites.

I found the rubber bouncy ball, the token to a carousel, and a bag that contained 473 Chuck E. Cheese coupons at a car wash on Louetta Rd. All of them were in close proximity to each other, and all were on the ground. I have found rubber bouncy balls and assorted tokens, but this is the first time I have found a stash of Chuck E. Cheese coupons. The token and ball will be deposited into my "Not Change Cup," while the coupons, too big for the cup, will be kept in a bag next to the "Not Change Cup."

Totals for the day: $3.39
Race Totals: $123.18

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home