Monday, August 01, 2005

Monday, August 1, 2005

Getting the month of August off to a stellar start I found $1.29. . . 1 nickel, 5 dimes, 2 quarters, and 24 pennies (the enjoyable change cycle). I also had to face the reality that one of my favorite players in baseball is a cheat.

The day started off with a trip to the doctor’s office for a follow-up appointment. After I left I went to a car wash across the street and found nine cents (all pennies). They were all sticky from some type of goo, and as of this writing they have yet to be cleaned. Later in the day I had to go to the postoffice, an unenjoyable task. However, following the trip I checked in at another car wash and found 31 cents (two dimes & 11 pennies). Almost all of the change was in a pile on the ground, near a vacuum cleaner.

Also on my way home from the post office I went to Kroger, a local grocery store, to get some paper bags to place some old newspapers in for recycling. Leaving Kroger I found five cents (one nickel) in the coin return slot of a machine that dispenses water into large jugs.

In the evening I went to Bailey’s residence to use his high speed Internet. We ran out to pick up some dinner at KFC, and while Bailey waited in line I walked over to the Taco Bell next door and found 47 cents (one quarter, two dimes, & two pennies) in the drive-thru. On my way home from Bailey’s I went to Wal-Mart to pick up some fish food and I checked the Chic Filet next door. There I found 37 cents (one quarter, one dime, and two pennies).

This afternoon I heard the news that Rafael Palmeiro of the Baltimore Orioles was suspended for steroid use. I’m a huge baseball fan, and a huge fan of Palmeiro. His is one of the few jerseys that I own, and I even have one of his cracked autographed bats. One of the biggest knocks against Palmeiro is that he doesn't belong in the Hall of Fame beacause even though he has great numbers he has never been on a team that has won it all, he has only been to a few All-Star games, and he has never dominated at his position. I'm no PR expert, but I don't think that this is something that is going to help his chances. Just for the record I think he is a Hall of Famer, but not the best of people.

NOTE: I'm leaving tomorrow morning for Arizona to watch the Astros play the Arizona D-Backs. I'll be back on Saturday, so in case I can't find an Internet connection the Blog will be updated then.

Totals for the day: $1.29
Race Totals: $117.13

1 Comments:

At 11:46 PM, Blogger Bailey said...

Tuesday Update.

Just chatted with Chris, and he found change in two states (Like that was a suprise).
He is currently stuck in a monsoon, I guess it rained HARD during the Astros game.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home