Friday, July 22, 2005

Friday, July 22, 2005

Today I found 43 cents. . . 1 dime & 33 pennies. I also found a piece of metal that looks like a rock with the word "joy" written on it. Sadly, the metal rock will not count toward the daily totals.

My trip to Eagle Pass, TX is done and I'm back in Houston. Here are a few things to give you an idea about how close to Mexico Eagle Pass actually is: 1) I found 50 cents in Mexican money, compared to just over $1 in American money 2) Almost every gas station has signs advertising that they accept pesos 3) there are more Mexican restaurants than fast food restaurants and 4) when you leave Eagle Pass you actually have to stop at a border patrol checkpoint and present ID (this is to stop illegal aliens from just driving into Texas, I guess).

Anyhow, back in Houston I stopped at a Chevron gas station to fill up and I found 11 cents (one penny & one dime). When I went to go recycle my newspapers this afternoon I found a single penny by the recycling dumpster. I also found two cents at a Sonic near the doctor's office, where I went for an appointment.

In the evening I joined Bailey for dinner at Fudruckers, and I found a single penny on the ground by the cash register where I placed my order. On the way home I stopped at the car wash next to my apartment complex and found 28 cents. Three of the pennies were on the ground and the remaining 25 pennies were sitting on top of a vacuume cleaner in a very neat pile. They were not sticky, so I'm not sure why they were left there.

It was at the car wash that I also found my metal rock. At first I thought it was a dime, but I was mistaken. I picked it up and it was a piece of metal in the shape of a small rock (slightly larger and thicker than a dime). It had "joy" written on it, but the word was somewhat scratched. Nevertheless, it will be deposited into my "Not Change Cup," which holds other items that have brought be joy in the past five months.

Totals for the day: 43 cents
Race Totals: $110.60

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home