Sunday, July 17, 2005

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Today I found 71 cents. . . 1 nickel, 3 dimes & 36 pennies. My finds were in two different states, Maryland & Texas. I also found a marble, that sadly won't count toward the daily totals.

Leaving Maryland this morning from BWI airport I found a penny in on the sidewalk where I was dropped off. Sadly, my father (who was dropping me off) did not have the same pride that Brian had for Noah when he found a penny, just yesterday.

Back in Texas I was picked up at the airport by Tara. On the drive home we hit several traffic lights and I found three cents. I would later find another penny in the road as I drove to work to take care of some paperwork.

As mentioned I had to go into work to ensure that I am paid next week. On the way I stopped at the Kwick Kar Wash and found 10 cents (all pennies) and at the Sonic next door where I found seven cents (all pennies). Driving home from work I stopped at Cheveron for gas and found one penny on the ground. I also found 40 cents (three dimes & ten pennies) at the McDonalds drive-thru. There was a McDonalds employee right there and I offered to return the change, but he told me to keep it. Nice guy.

My final stop on the way home was the Hallmark Car Wash. There I found three cents and a marble. I have always liked marbles, so I claimed it for my "Not Change Cup," that already has several interesting marbles already. In the evening, while doing some laundry for my next upcoming trip (see note below) I found a nickel on top of a washing machine.

NOTE: I will be out of town again this week (this time in Eagle Pass, TX for work). I'm not sure if I will have Internet, so be forwarned that I might not post until Friday. However, I always seem to find Internet so hopefully I will be able to post daily. Considering that I will be in Eagle Pass I'm predicting that I will find several pesos (it's a border town) to go along with the American change.

Totals for the day: 71 cents
Race Totals: $109.00

2 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Blogger Bailey said...

Go for 100 pesos during the week!

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Chris said...

A worthy goal! I'll do my best.

Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home