Friday, July 08, 2005

Friday, July 8, 2005

Today I got Roger Clemens autograph. I also found 67 cents. . . 1 dime, 2 quarters, and 7 pennies.

I spent another day in College Station, TX. Right after I made the 90 mile drive from Houston to College Station I realized I had to use the bathroom. I pulled into a McDonalds and as I was leaving I found 50 cents (two quarters) in the change return slot of a USA Today newspaper box. Later in the day I found two cents at a in a change sorting machine at Kroger, a local grocery store.

After an appointment I stopped at an outdoor store in Bryan, TX. While looking around I found two pennies on the ground by the front counter. At lunch, at Sonic, I found another two cents in the parking lot. On my way home I stopped at another Kroger and found 11 cents (one dime & one penny) under a change sorting machine.

In the big news of the day I got Roger Clemens to sign a team picture for me. A friend of mine had told me that Roger had stopped and signed a few autographs several weeks ago after a game. Bailey and I went out after the game and waited. . . and waited. . . and waited. Finally the Hummer appeared and Mr. Clemens got out and signed some autographs. It wouldn’t be right to complain about an autograph, but I will say this. . . it is a team picture that has all the Astros stars on it. Everyone signed over their picture and it looks very nice. Mr. Clemens signed in the dead center of the picture over the word “Astros.” You have to look closely to see his autograph, since he signed in black pen over the black “Astros.” Still, I’m not complaining, only describing.

Totals for the day: 67 cents
Race Totals: $106.01 (a lovely palindrome)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home