Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Tuesday, July 5, 2005

Today I found 30 cents. . . 1 dime and 20 pennies.

My change searching for the day was hampered by the fact that I didn’t have to work and I managed to sleep in until noon. Nevertheless, I had some stuff to do today before the baseball game and that afforded me the opportunity to find some change.

At a Shipley’s donuts drive-thru I found 10 cents (one dime). On my way to go buy some new shoes (I lost my semi new pair at the pool on Saturday night–it’s a sour subject) I cut thru a Shell gas station to avoid a red light. I stopped when I saw a few vacuum cleaners and was rewarded with seven cents (all pennies). At a Boston Market drive-thru I found another four cents.

I got a haircut this afternoon and I found one penny by the door when I walked in. At a copy store, where I had to make a copy of an Astros ticket so a friend could frame it, I found three cents on the ground by a bank of copy machines. On my way to the ballpark I stopped at Chevron for a bottle of water and found two cents on the ground by the cash register. Finally, I found three cents at the ballpark. Two of the pennies were in the stands and I spotted them while searching for ticket stubs and bottle caps of selected Coke products that allow me to win more bottles of Coke. The last penny was by a door where players leave the ballpark.

On the autograph front it was another slow day. I only managed eight signatures, none too terribly exciting. If I had to name a few that were notable I would include Dave Roberts, Brian Lawrence, and Phil Nevin.

Totals for the day: 30 cents
Race Totals: $104.00

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home