Monday, June 27, 2005

Monday, June 27, 2005

Today I found 58 cents. . . 1 nickel, 4 dimes, and 13 pennies (almost all of the finds being natural). I also found a fake nickel. Sadly, the fake nickel will not count towards the daily totals.

I had some paperwork to do today, so there was not a lot of opportunity for change searching in the morning. I met Jennifer, my co-worker, for a Chinese buffet lunch this afternoon, and while waiting for her I found one penny in the parking lot of the restaurant. Lunch was enjoyable, but was sadly cut short as Jennifer had to get back to the office.

Before returning to work I went to the post office to mail two letters. One was a birthday card for my friend Patti who lives in New Jersey. The card is almost a month late, so I hope she forgives me. At the post office I found 16 cents (one nickel, one dime, & one penny) under a stamp machine. Leaving the post office I got stuck at a red light. Making the best of the opportunity I found a penny laying in the road.

Later in the afternoon I got called to work, for more paperwork that needed to be completed. I made a quick stop at the Kwick Kar Wash and found seven cents (all pennies). It was at the Kwick Kar Wash that I also found the fake nickel. It resembled a real nickel in terms of color and design, but was slightly smaller that the real Jefferson and had the word “copy” written across the front and back. Fake nickel will be deposited into real “Not Change Cup,” holder of all riches of the non-change variety that I have recently discovered.

Leaving the Kwick Kar Wash I hit another red light and waiting in the road on the ground was 22 cents (two dimes & two pennies). Both dimes were together and as I got out to retrieve them I spotted the two pennies, very nearby. All change had been there quite some time, which is sadly depressing since I drive that route every day on the way to work.

In the evening I had to go to Randalls, a local grocery store, to deposit some checks in a branch that my bank maintains there. Leaving Randalls I found 11 cents (one dime & one penny). The penny was on the ground by a coin sorting machine and the dime was on the ground under a Coke machine.

51 cents to go until $100. It could be any day now. I’m excited, but saddened that Bailey will not be around to enjoy my success. However, since he is on his honeymoon I’m sure he will be having a good time, regardless of my change triumphs.

Totals for the day: 58 cents
Race Totals: $99.49

2 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm out of the loop. I catch up on your blog and I find out Bailey's married and you were in Alaska! Congrats to you both.

You guys seem to be quite the travelers. How many states have you been to? I just counted and I've been to 27.

Noah's been to 3.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Liza:

Welcome back to the blog world. Things certainly do happen fast. Of course Bailey getting married probably deserves a bigger congrats than my trip to Alaska, but thank you nonetheless.

I'm three states away from all 50. One of the main reasons for going to Alaska was to knock it off my list of states to visit. I have a list of 102 things to do before I die, and visiting all 50 states is one of them. I still need North Dakota, South Dakota, and Nebraska (although I think I might have driven through Nebraska once before, but since I'm not sure it remains on the list of three).

Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home