Thursday, June 23, 2005

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Today I found 91 cents. . . 1 dime, 3 quarter, and 6 pennies. I also found a battered Mexican dime. Sadly, the Mexican dime does not count towards the daily totals.

My plane touched down in Houston, TX this morning slightly after 6:30 am. Not having slept much the night before, and not sleeping very well on the plane, I was very tired. A friend of mine picked me up at the airport and while driving me to our office he asked about the change hunting in Alaska. I began to tell him when I realized we were at a red light. I looked out the window and before he knew what was going on I had opened the door and was picking up change. All told I found 15 cents (one dime & five pennies) in the road.

It was this very spot where I also found the Mexican dime. Like the rest of the change it was badly worn. It will be deposited into my “Not Change Cup,” holder of all things not American change that are of interest.

I was more than willing to sit on my totals for the day. I was absolutely exhausted, but before I could go to sleep I had to do some laundry. When I went to the laundry room I found 75 cents (three quarters). They were sitting right next to the dryer that I was about to use. Apparently some one had taken them out but had forgotten about them. Very sad for them, a good break for me.

Tomorrow I fly to Chicago, IL where I have a car already rented. I’ll be driving from Chicago to Indiana for Bailey’s wedding on Saturday. I fly back to Houston on Sunday. Being out-of-state, and having a minor role in this wedding, I doubt I will be able to post again until Sunday.

Totals for the day: 91 cents
Race Totals: $93.28

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home