Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Today I found $1.28. . . 2 nickels, 1 dime, 4 quarters, and 8 pennies (the vacation induced change cycle).

This morning I stopped at a gas station in Silver Spring, MD to fill my car with gas. At a vacuume cleaner I found 11 cents (one dime & one penny). After parking my car at the Silver Spring metro station I checked around the ticket machines and found six cents (all pennies) on the ground. Tara also found a penny, and after waiting some time to pick it up discovered that it was Canadian! She had a few choice for the penny, none of which were two kind. I fear the penny will not be deposited into her "Not Change Cup," if she even has such a fantastic thing.

In a pass machine at Metro Center (where the red and blue lines meet) I found 10 cents (two nickels). These were discovered as I waited for the appropriate metro car to arrive to take us to Washington, DC for a day of sight seeing.

Walking around Washington, DC this afternoon I found 25 cents (one quarter) in the change return slot of a Washington Post newspaper box. About two blocks down the road I found 75 cents (three quarters) in the coin return slot of the USA Today. My final find of the day was a single penny, located in the street in Washington.

Totals for the day: $1.28
Race Totals: $84.78

2 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the first finds I can recall was a nickel on the streets of Washington, D.C., when I was a small boy.
-- Brian

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Wow, just like Motzart you were a child prodegy! I was scared about change searching in DC, but there is pleanty to be found if you just keep your head down and ignore all the monuments and history. I stand by my game plan.

Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home