Friday, June 10, 2005

Friday, June 10, 2005

Today I found 44 cents. . . 1 nickel, 1 dime, and 29 pennies. I also found a fake penny and a fake dime. Sadly, the fake change does not count toward the daily totals.

I didn’t have to work today, but I did have a lot of things I needed to get done. On Monday I’m flying to Baltimore where I will watch the Baltimore Orioles play the Houston Astros. I had a lot of little things that needed to be done before I left. While doing laundry I found a single penny in the laundry room. It was my only find of the morning.

On my way down to the ballpark this afternoon I stopped at a small car wash and found seven cents (all pennies). I also stopped at the Kwick Kar Wash and found 15 cents (one nickel & 10 pennies). The Kwick Kar Wash is also where I found the fake penny and fake dime. They both resemble real coinage, except for the fact that they are plastic and are stamped “copy” across the front. The fakes will be deposited into my “Not Change Cup,” holder of all things not change. Nearby there was a McDonalds and a cursory check of the vacinety showed that four pennies had been abandoned. They were retrieved and added to the daily totals.

On my way home this evening I began to get a little nervus. I have a nice little string of 15 days in a row of finding a dime. I decided to make one last stop, and if a dime was there it was meant to be. I checked in at Ale Gator’s Car Wash, a car wash that was recently discovered, and I found 17 cents (one dime & seven pennies). The streak continues!

The Astros actually managed to win a game this evening, 4-2 against the Toronto Blue Jays. I sang along with the Canadian National Anthem, just because I could, which lead the girl with pink hair and a pierced lip who was sitting next to me to ask if I was Canadian. I assured her that I was not. I decided against doing a team ball for Toronto, but I did chat with Blue Jay’s catcher Gregg Zaun. I have known Gregg for several years and was glad to catch up with him again.

Totals for the day: 44 cents
Race Totals: $78.62

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home