Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Wednesday, June 1, 2005

Today I found 74 cents. . . 2 dimes, 2 quarters, and 4 pennies.

On my way to an appointment this morning I checked in at Sonic and found 11 cents (one dime & one penny). I also went to Kroger, a local grocery store, in Tomball and found two quarters in a pay phone. I have previously found two quarters in the exact same phone, but the date escapes me at this moment.

My final morning find was a coin in the middle of the road at a traffic light in Tomball, TX. The coin was completely obliterated, with no trace of anything on it. It is by far the most battered coin I have found. Initially I thought it was a penny, because I saw some copper in it. However, upon closer examination I felt that it might be a dime and the copper I was seeing was the center. At lunch I had to go to the bank and I asked a team of bank tellers to examine it. The consensus among the four tellers was that the coin was a dime, so it will be duly recorded as such.

On my way to the ballpark this evening I found two pennies at a car wash. My final find of the day was a single penny at Minute Maid Ballpark after the game. The penny was found as I was searching for ticket stubs from the historic game that I had witnessed. It was in a section behind home plate. The game was historic because Astros pitcher Roy Oswalt ran his record against the Reds to 14-0 lifetime. No pitcher in Major League history has ever gone 14-0 against any team.

On the autograph front there is little to report. My ball is chalked full of autographs and there was just no room for anymore. However, I did get Shawn Casey to sign a single ball for a friend and I managed to get Reds pitcher Ricky Stone (former Astro) to find a spot on the ball to sign. Most of my batting practice was spent in the Crawford Boxes, which is home run ally at the ballpark. I caught one baseball, but it was thrown up by Ricky Stone and promptly given away to a little boy who looked like he needed a baseball.

Totals for the day: 74 cents
Race Totals: $71.28

4 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, Blogger Bailey said...

Very funny that you took the coin to the bank to have the tellers examine it.

Very solid. The fact that you went to those lengths to find out, makes it a dime!

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Hey, I'm nothing if I'm not accurate. I couldn't sleep at night if I had transformed a penny into a dime. I told the tellers that all had to agree or I wouldn't accept their answer. All were confused, but all agreed that it was a dime.

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Extremely solid that you went to a bank for verification. Without accuracy, we have chaos.

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Brian:

I'm glad you approve of the bank trip as well. The teller offered about three times to trade my battered dime out for a new one, but I would have none of it.

Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home