Sunday, May 29, 2005

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Today I found 34 cents. . . 3 nickels, 1 dime, and 9 pennies.

This morning I had to make yet another post office run, but I did some change searching along the way. At a car wash, where I have found change before but I don’t think it actually has a name, I found eight cents (one nickel & three pennies). The pennies were on the ground and the nickel was in the change return slot of a coke machine. At another car wash nearby, name also unknown, I found a single penny.

On the way back from the post office I went to a McDonalds and found six cents in the drive-thru (one penny & one nickel). The penny was embedded in some tar and I had to pry it out with a pocket knife, which I was fortunate to have on me at the time. Feeling the fast food calling I checked a Wendys, Bailey’s change girlfriend because she is always so good to him, and I found 12 cents (one dime & two pennies) in the drive-thru. A Burger King drive-thru contributed five cents, a dull looking nickel which I gladly accepted.

My final finds of the day were both single pennies, on in the morning at a Jack-in-the-Box drive-thru and the other at Cheveron. The Cheveron penny was on the ground were I stopped to let my friend Susan out of the car so she could go in and purchase various items that she needed.

Today the Astros beat the Milwaukee Brewers in Milwaukee. This marks the first time this year that the Astros have won a road series. At this blistering pace that they are setting I’m sure they will be at or near .500 by mid August. Go ‘Stros!

Totals for the day: 34 cents
Race Totals: $68.56

3 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't belive you didn't mention the poor pomeranian!!!!

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I try to make the blog world a happy place, but in the interests of full disclosure I probably should mention the sad turn of events. Sunday evening my friend Susan and I witnessed a pomeranian dog being hit by a car. Despite our efforts to locate the owner, obtain medical treatment, and alert the SPCA the dog, who's name was Lucky, died.

Chris

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

looking for a one eared three legged one eyed dog named lucky

 

Post a Comment

<< Home