Thursday, May 26, 2005

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Today I found $1.51. . .1 nickel, 3 dimes, 4 quarters, and 16 pennies (the bonzer change cycle).

For the next few days I am dog sitting for my neighbor. This is only fair since he feeds my fish when I jaunt off for my multiple vacations. Anyhow, while walking the dog this morning I found a penny in my apartment complex along the fence line in some dirt. Continuing the walk I went to the car wash area of our neighboring apartment complex and found 37 cents (one quarter, one dime, & two pennies) on the ground by the car wash station.

Driving to lunch this afternoon I stopped at a Sonic and found four cents on the ground in parking spaces. I also went to Kroger, a local grocery store, to pick up a birthday card for a friend, and found eight cents (one nickel & three pennies). The nickel was in a pay phone coin return slot and the pennies were on the ground in the self checkout lane. On my way home this afternoon I stopped at another Sonic and found 23 cents (two dimes & three pennies) in various locations in the parking lot.

This evening I met Bailey at KFC were we sampled the new boneless buffalo chicken wings. They were delicious. Also delicious was the fact that while driving to meet Bailey I found two cents in the road at a stoplight and 26 cents (one quarter & one penny) at KFC. The penny was in the parking lot and the quarter was in the drive-thru lane. Driving home I ventured to Starbucks, where I have never once drank their coffee (by virtue of the fact that I don’t actually drink coffee). However, I am a fan of their drive-thrus, and today was no exception as I found 50 cents (two quarters) in the aforementioned drive-thru.

Totals for the day: $1.51
Race Totals: $66.75

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home