Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Today I found 29 cents. . .2 nickels and 19 pennies.

On my way to an appointment this morning I stopped at a car wash (car washes are becoming quite predictable in terms of change being found, and I’m not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing) and I found eight cents (all pennies). A short time later a Sonic in Tomball, TX contributed three cents to my finds for the day. Prior to lunch I was driving down the road and was stopped at a red light and I found one penny in the road.

After work I had some stops to make and the first one was for gas, as my tank was on empty. I’m not sure if this is a good sign, but I found a Shell station with $1.91 gas (I fondly remember driving through Georgia in 1999 and becoming outraged when I saw that a certain gas station was charging 89 cents a gallon for gas. I promptly drove down the road and found it for 83 cents. My, how times have changed). Anyway, as I was leaving Shell I saw two pennies on the ground by the exit. I stopped the car, exited, retrieved the pennies, and then merged onto the road.

After going to the bank, which was open today, I had to go to the post office. On the way I checked a Taco Bell drive-thru and found four cents and a Sonic where I found six cents (all pennies). My final find of the day was a nickel in the change return of a stamp machine at the post office.

Today the Astros are playing the Cubs at Wrigley Field. If they lose (last I checked in on the game they were up 1-0, but I’m sure that won’t hold) they will tie the 1988 Baltimore Orioles for the worst road start in modern day Major League history. I’m an Astros fan, but the way I see it if we are going to be bad we might as well be record bad. Tonight I shall be rooting for history.

Totals for the day: 29 cents
Race Totals: $65.24

4 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, Blogger Bailey said...

Fess up my man.
You are an Astros supporter, but an Orioles fan!

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Absolutely, O's all the way. When the Astros play the O's this year in Baltimore I'll be there in my Orioles gear. I'll be hoping the O's win three in a row. After that it will be back to the Astros.

Chris

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Bailey said...

Since the Astros are playing on the road against Baltimore, I wouldn't be to worried. In fact the O's could bring back Ripkin, Brooks Robinson and Frank Robinson and probably still win the game.

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Don't forget Mark Mulder. Mark never played for the O's, but it'as always fun to say, "don't forget Mark Mulder."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home