Sunday, May 15, 2005

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Today I found 28 cents . . .2 nickels, 1 dime, and 8 pennies.

On my way to the post office this morning I checked in at a local car wash and found three cents. At the Shipley’s donuts drive-thru, strategically located next door, I found 11 cents (one dime & one penny). Of course I had to visit Sonic and for my efforts I was rewarded with two cents, not a stellar haul for Sonic, but I will gladly take it. At a nearby Taco Bell drive-thru I found a nickel on the ground in the parking lot. I also found a nickel in the coin return slot for the stamp machine at the post office. My final two cents of the day were on top of a coin counting machine at Kroger, a local grocery store.

Success was also had on the autograph front. I only needed a few San Francisco Giants and I got two of them, pitchers Matt Hennessy & Jim Brower. However, my big graph of the day was Astros outfielder Lance “Twinkie” Berkman. Mr. Berkman is always one of the hardest autographs for me to get. He recognizes me and will always sign, but he makes me wait about 50 games into the season to accommodate my request. Today as he left the field after batting practice I yelled, “Twinkie, would you sign my team picture. If you do it now I won’t have to bug you for 50 games.” He went into the dugout but emerged with a smile on his face and said, “Ok, deal.” Others mobbed the scene, but he only signed my picture. Twinkie is a class act.

Totals for the day: 28 cents
Race Totals: $60.40

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home