Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Today I found $1.17 cents . . .3 nickels, 1 dime, 3 quarters and 17 pennies (the surreal coin cycle).

Unable to sleep for the second night in a row I headed up the road for some late night change searching. This time it was only slightly after 12:30am. The Starbucks by my gym, where I briefly considered going to work out instead of looking for change (which would have been silly, of course), yielded eight cents (one nickel & three pennies). However, next to my car in the parking lot where I had parked I found 12 cents (one dime & two pennies).

Before heading home I checked the Burger King drive-thru. There was nothing by the window, but walking back to my car in total darkness I suddenly had a feeling. Not even able to see the ground because of darkness I bent down and found a single penny. Although not as lucrative as previous stops this was quite rewarding, as it illustrated to me that my change radar was kicking into ultra high gear. Suddenly I was tired so homeward I went.

After work I stopped at the Kwick Kar wash and found 54 cents (two quarters & four pennies). Two pennies were found at the Sonic next door. At this point I though I was done for the day, and had actually posted. How wrong I was. Bailey wanted me to meet up with him this evening to deliver some goods. I met with him and then decided to go to the post office to mail some packages. On the way I found seven cents (one nickel & two pennies) at McDonalds, two pennies at a car wash, 30 cents (one quarter & one nickel) at Taco Bell, and one penny at the post office.

Now, onto the important matters for the day. . . Social Security reform and nuclear weapons in North Korea. . . just kidding, let’s talk about Brian joining the $500 club. Yesterday our friend Brian stepped onto hollowed ground by finding a dime and putting himself over $500 since the beginning of his quest. It was only four months ago that I stumbled upon his blog while vacationing in Hawaii. Reading it inspired Bailey and I to start our own quests. For his tireless efforts and change searching abilities Brian has been rewarded. Congratulations, and I am confident in saying that he has achieved such lofty numbers without the aid of steroids, PCP, angel dust, and the other drugs commonly associated with the PCSA (Professional Change Searching Association).

Totals for the day: $1.17
Race Totals: $59.04

2 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Chris ... Thanks for the good word, both here and on my change log. Definitely didn't use any artificial enhancers, so no need to ask me to go to the minor leagues.

You're shattering all kinds of records at your change-finding pace. I expect you'll reach the $500 plateau sometime in the next week or so...

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Thank you for your kind words, but you are, and will continue to be, the change master. I just hope to one day have a small amount of your greatness. Also, I'm figuring it will take at least two weeks to break the $500 mark. I'm shooting for $600 by August.

Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home