Thursday, May 05, 2005

Thursday, May 5, 2005

Today I found 66 cents . . .1 nickel, 2 dime, 1 and 41 pennies. I also found some type of foreign coin, which I believe is an old Mexican 1 peso piece. Sadly, the possible old Mexican 1 peso piece does not count towards the daily totals.

Many, many finds were made today at various places around the Houston, TX metropolitan area. In the interests of time and space I will summarize these finds: 29 cents at various Sonics (one dime & 19 pennies), 13 cents at various car washes (one nickel & eight pennies), seven cents (all pennies) at a Starbucks drive-thru where an ex-girlfriend works (but I did not see her as I slipped in to pilfer loose change), and 17 cents (one dime & seven pennies) at a Burger King drive-thru.

The coin that I believe is Mexican in origin was found on top of a coin counting machine at Kroger, a local grocery store. On the front is written “Estados Unidos De Mexicanos” and on the back there is a “N$1.” The coin has a copper center and a silverish outside perimeter. It was minted in 1982 and will be a proud edition to my Not Change Cup, which contains various items of the non-change variety that have been found in recent months.

Totals for the day: 66 cents
Race Totals: $50.69

2 Comments:

At 9:31 PM, Blogger Bailey said...

Should have noted that you found the Mexican coin on Cinco De Mayo day!

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Yes, this is true. Thank you for your valuable input!

Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home