Monday, May 02, 2005

Monday, May 2, 2005

Today I found 31 cents . . .1 nickel, 2 dimes, and 6 pennies. I also got former President George Bush to sign a baseball for me. Sadly, the former president’s autograph does not count towards the daily totals.

This morning I stopped at the Kwick Kar Wash on my way to an appointment and found 12 cents (one dime & two pennies). At the Sonic next door I acquired six cents (one nickel & one penny). A Sonic in Pearland, TX added 11 cents to the day’s finds (one dime & one penny). My final find of the day was at a no name car wash in Houston, TX where I found two cents.

The Astros played the Pittsburgh Pirates today and won large. I managed to acquire 12 of the 25 man roster on the first day. Notable autographs include Jack Wilson, Benito Santiago, Kip Wells, and Rob Makowiak.

Attending the game today was former President George Bush, and his lovely wife Barbara. President Bush left at the start of the 8th inning, and I had acquired seats near his. When he left I asked him to sign a baseball for me. He graciously accommodated my request and gave me a lovely autograph right on the sweet spot of the ball. It was a nice end to a good day.

Totals for the day: 31 cents
Race Totals: $49.16

5 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger Bailey said...

Didn't even mention that you got a year older today!
Happy Birhtday Old Man!

 
At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How old are you now? Did the SS put you in a wall seeing as you are a vagrant?

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Bailey:
Thanks for the birthday shout out.

Mr/Mrs. Anonymous:
I found more change on my birthday than years old that I am, but a few pennies less and I would have been under.

The SS is usually very kind with people coming near the former President provided they follow some common sense rules: Move slowly, keep hands out, and don't screw around. I managed to avoid being shot, so I consider it a success.

Chris

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy birthday... If I had known I would have sent you a coin.

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Brian:

Better yet, you could have just dropped it on the sidewalk by my apartments. It would have meant so much more!

Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home