Sunday, April 24, 2005

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Today I found 52 cents. . .3 dime and 22 pennies. I also found a key to some type of lock and a pink bead of some type. Sadly, the key and bead do not count towards the daily totals.

I had intended to drive to Round Rock, TX this morning to go visit a friend of mine who pitches for the Astros AAA baseball team, the Round Rock Express. However, plans fell through and I had to cheer myself up by finding change.

I had my first find of the day at one of those car washes where people do everything for you. However, since it was Sunday and it was closed I was free to search undisturbed for change. I found seven cents (all pennies). Another car wash yielded three cents and a parking lot next to it turned over 13 cents (one dime & three pennies) The dime was so battered and worn that at first I though it was just a piece of gum stuck to the ground. I am glad that I examined it more closely and found that my initial hypothesis was incorrect.

The leisurely fast food circuit was next and I found two cents in the parking lot at Shipley’s donuts, 11 cents (one dime & one penny) at Taco Bell, and 12 cents (one dime & two pennies) at Arby’s. No day would be complete without a visit to Sonic, so visit I did. I found three cents in parking spaces. My final find of the day was a Citgo gas station where I stopped for gas. I found one penny on the ground by a gas pump.

The key and the pink bead were found at the first and second car washes that I stopped at, respectively. The key is about the size that would go into a heavy duty lock and the pink bead caught my eye because it is several different florescent shades of pink. Both new treasures will be deposited into my Not Change Cup.

Totals for the day: 52 cents
Race Totals: $42.63

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home