Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Today I found 20 cents. . .1 nickel and 15 pennies.

On my way to an appointment this morning I found single pennies at a Taco Bell drive-thru, a car wash, a Shipley’s donut drive-thru, and a Sonic. A tad later in the day I found 14 cents (one nickel & nine pennies) at another car wash. On my way home from the Astros game I had to stop at a post office and I found two cents under a stamp vending machine.

The Astros beat the Milwaukee Brewers tonight 6-1. Sadly, this is not impressive since they are the Brewers. I got 14 of the 25 Brewers to sign a single baseball for me and starting pitcher Ben Sheets signed a single ball for me. Notable autographs, besides Mr. Sheets, include Jeff Cirillo, Lyle Overbay, Junior Spivey, and Carlos Lee.

In the ninth inning Junior Spivey was called out on a very strange play, which the umpire botched. He went absolutely ape and had to be restrained by several coaches. After the game I saw Mr. Spivey leaving the ballpark and asked him to comment on the play. He was in a much better mood by this point and spent the next 10 minutes explaining his version of the play, complete with showing me his leg where he believed the ball had hit. Nice guy. Too bad he plays for the Brewers.

Totals for the day: 20 cents
Race Totals: $41.38

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home