Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Today I found 26 cents. . .1 dime and 16 pennies. I also found a token of some type. Sadly, the token of some type does not count towards the day’s totals.

This morning my co-worker Jennifer and I had to give a seminar. On the way to meet Jennifer I stopped at three different car washes and found a total of 10 cents (all pennies). Jennifer and I ate lunch at The Woodland House, an all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet. When leaving the restaurant I spied a penny by the exit. I exited my car to retrieve the shiny prize. Jennifer was less than impressed with my change finding prowess.

In the afternoon I took my car to Wal-Mart for an oil change. While waiting I walked across the street and found 11 cents (one dime & one penny) in the parking lot at Whataburger and four pennies in the parking lot of Arby’s.

The token of some type was found in the middle of the road while I was driving on FM 1960. Initially I though it was a quarter and since the light was red I decided to retrieve it. It was not a quarter. The token has an eagle and the words "no cash value" on one side and a star and a horseshoe on the other. The token will be deposited into my Not Change Cup.

Tomorrow I fly to Baltimore and on Thursday I will be in Washington, DC for the Washington National’s home opener. I will also be in Trenton, NJ to visit a friend. I look forward to all the change finding adventures that I’m sure to have.

Totals for the day: 26 cents
Race Totals: $37.93

2 Comments:

At 4:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Be sure to stay on your side of the street. ... Just kidding. There should be plenty of coins for both of us, even after my 5% fee.

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Chris said...

No problem with the 5% fee. However, I will be charging a 6% "Keeping NJ Free of Discarded Coins" Fee that I will have to insist on collecting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home