Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Tuesday, April 5, 2005

Today I found 11 cents. . .all pennies.

Some days the change comes to you and some days you go to the change. Today, I had to go to the change. I found the 11 cents at 11 different locations. There were the usual drive-thru restaurants, parking lots and gas stations. And of course I found one cent at Sonic. All pennies were in not the best of condition, but they have a new home now.

Today was opening day for the Houston Astros. In what I fear will become all too common we lost the game in miserable fashion. The only redeeming quality was that through various clandestine methods I was able to eat hot dogs and ice cream for free.

I was also awarded cash today for my come from behind third place victory in a NCAA basketball tournament pool. Bailey was in this pool with me and he finished well behind me. I should note that Bailey actually knows basketball and I do not. However, in the end I was victorious. Just like in change racing, some people are winners. . . .

Totals for the day: 11 cents
Race Totals: $35.47

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home